Here are some useful tips to bid adieu to acute sinus pain. First, let's analyze whether it is a chronic or a simple case of sinus. There are three major divisions of sinusitis - acute, sub-acute and chronic. Acute is basically bacterial in origin and lasts for less than four weeks, sub acute types last for four to twelve weeks, chronic more than 12 weeks. They are left over symptoms caused by cold or flu.
Symptoms of acute sinus
See if you have the right symptoms of acute sinus pain, which include headache, fever, cough, postnasal drainage (yellow or green in colour), nasal congestion, hampered smell, facial pain, and change in body temperature, sever headache in the mornings are the symptoms we often find in this case.
- Drink lot of fluids it keeps the mucous flowing which is the first step to get rid of acute sinus pain. Drink at least six to eight glasses of water a day. Herbal tea and soups have an excellent effect.
- Steam your face for at least 20 to 30 minutes. Boil water in a bowl and add cold balm to it and put a towel on your head. Now inhale the vapour it gives you lot of relief.
- Blow your nose regularly.
- Allergy can also cause sinus for example a particular food, drink or inhalant. Sometime people are allergic to cockroaches too. So identify the allergen and find relief.
- Intake of Vitamin A and Vitamin C can aid in an infection. Vitamin A strengthens the immune system.
- N-acetylcysteine, a resultant of an amino acid, assists in sinus drain.
- Xanthium fruit and magnolia flower are used to clear nasal blocks according to a Chinese method.
- Herbs like nettle leaves in tea also reduce inflammation.
Finally it all boils down to having a healthy lifestyle. Take ample supplements to stay healthy. As recommended by researchers - Vitamin C: 1,000 to 2,000 mg. daily and Vitamin A: 10,000 I.U. daily can help you get rid of acute sinus pain.
Labels: sinusitis_medication, sinusitis_relief, sinusitis_symptoms, sinusitis_treatment, sore_throat_cure, sore-throat-cure, sphenoid_sinus_disease, sphenoid-sinus-disease, symptoms-of-sinus-infection