More and more people are affected by sinus infections each year. Sinus infections are very uncomfortable and painful. Lingering cold may lead to sinus problems. Natural cure for sinus infection is a safe and effective option easily available to most of the sinusitis sufferers.
Some proven natural cure for sinus infection
- Drinking plenty of water and hot fluids to dilute the mucus can hydrate the mucus and reduce the symptoms to some extent. Tea and other clear beverages also help. Taking foods rich in antioxidants such as berries, tomatoes, broccoli, red grapes, spinach and garlic strengthen the immune system and prevent sinus infection.
- Applying moist heat on the face can relieve pain. Steam can also help in loosening the mucus allowing it to drain.
- Saline water irrigation is a good way to wash away the infected mucus during sinus infection. Nasal irrigators are used with warm water as a natural cure for sinus infection.
- Grapefruit seed extract is a powerful herbal antibiotic. It can be used with a neti pot or spray frequently to clear congestion in the nasal area. This is a very effective natural cure for sinus infection.
- Drinking large qualities of apple cedar vinegar (ACV) helps in thinning the mucus.
- Eucalyptus is a fragrant herb that can soothe sore throats. It has antiseptic properties for shrinking swollen sinus passages. Drinking eucalyptus tea also helps.
- Capsules made of Licorice root helps reduce inflammation and stimulates the immune system working as a natural cure for sinus infection.
- Peppermint has anti inflammatory properties. Drinking peppermint tea or inhaling its steam helps eases breathing.
- Add dried lemon leaves to boiling water and strain and drink the warm tea. It helps in fighting off the virus or bacteria. It can also be used as a gargle to relieve sore throat.
- Chamomile tea taken before bed time promotes better sleep calming the body and mind.
- Cold can be controlled successfully with Vitamin C and zinc in the form of lozenge or capsule.
- Oil pulling is an Indian remedy which can clear sinus congestion within a few minutes.
Labels: acute-sinus, get-rid-of-eczema, how-to-cure-sinusitis-congestion, maxillary-sinusitis-problems, sinusitis_infections_treatment, sinusitis-treatment, sphenoid-sinusitis-disease, what-is-sinusitis-node